Thursday, July 16, 2015

Year of 2013

The year of 2013 was the start of a busy homeschooling year. It was the year where my children began to take up more classes of their interest.

It was exhausted, going in and out of  home more frequent, chaufeuring, looking for parking and waiting,
It was uncomfortable not being able to have a flexible schedule just like good ol times.
I have to re adjust schedule and preparing food at earlier hour to bring out.
Lesser time at home also means house chores pile up.  It was eating into me and threw me off track. I felt that I have too much to do.
Put simply, I failed to adjust and adapt to a sudden change in our lives.

After a good deal of wallowing in self-pity, I decided I must put a stop to that. It was just some changes and there was no big deal.
Life goes through changes. This is one of the many good reasons we homeschool, to be able to control and follow through the changes based on each individual growth. I am supposed to be here to support what they are interested to learn. It is part of the deal. I get to do it. It should be celebrated !

Come to think of it, my schedule was really nothing compare to a school-going family who has to go through full day classes daily, at times including weekend.
It must be really tiring for school-going parent to send/pick up their children daily.

In order to take on another role better, I need to increase my stamina. Enough sleep is the first thing I must do.  Cut down "looking at the screen" time.  Re focus what is important. So I was ready for 2014.

Below is shared by a HS mother. It is such a meaningful piece that I jotted it down.

By Henry David Thoreau
Let us spend one day as deliberately as nature 
and not be thrown off the track by every nutshell and mosquito's wing that falls on the rails.
Let us rose early and fast or break fast, gently and without perturbation.
Let company come and let company go,
Let the bells ring and the children cry..
Why should we knock under and go with the stream?
Be it life or death
We crave only reality
If we are really dying, let us hear the rattle in our throats
And feel cold in the extremities, 
If we are alive, let us go about our business.


No comments: