Thursday, September 3, 2015

Cheng Ho Cultural Museum, Lorong Hang Jebat, Melaka 23 August 2015

Cheng Ho Cultural Museum is informative. I came unprepared, that is with no whatsoever sharing with my kids beforehand. I have forgotten almost everything I learnt in school !  When I paid for the tickets, the lady at the counter told me there will be a tour guide! I was thrilled. I thank her profusely and walked to where she pointed to. At the entrance, Jimmy, the guide greeted us with a friendly smile and share generously and passionately with us. I think I learn more from him than all my years of schooling in a the history class.  

Hui stared at the "precious" upon learning about castration ! 

Looking for lost treasure in the well. 

Besides having vast knowledge of Cheng Ho, Jimmy is also funny. He tried to trick us into believing that these machinese are used to torture the criminal !

This is how a sleeping cabin looks like in one of the many ships in Admiral Cheng Ho's voyage. 

No comments: