Friday, August 28, 2015

Bush-Craft with Orang Asli Semai, Raman Bah Tuin (4) Build Shelter 26 August 2015

After the previous lesson on buiding a shelter, today we try to build one with minimal help. 

The frame-work was low because that was the maximum height the tallest child could reach. 

The view under the shelter. 

The back view. 

Side view.
I helped out a little and found myself enjoying the process. 

Raman showed me "Selaput Tunggul" again, after I told him I still could not be sure of one when I see it. 

"Kapal Terbang" 
It has the same function as "Selaput Tunggul", to stop bleeding.

"Daun Senduduk" 
Papaya leaves juice cures dengue fever. In order to take away the bitterness, add "daun Senduduk."   

2 comments:

~CovertOperations78~ said...

The shelter looks fantastic!

Ng Shannon said...

Yes! we love it so much. Best shelter of all.