Friday, September 21, 2012

X-periment, Marina Square Atrium, Singapore 27 July 2012

It is the Science Festival month in Singapore. Last year, I was invited to drop by the Science Festival by a blog reader. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it. I was in awe on how much content the Singapore Science Festival has. And I thought I should just make plan and stay in Singapore for a while. 

We were shown how radio transmission is blocked.

Just touch to activate automated door. 
This place is like a play area for the kids. In school, they called it studying science.  

Solar power.

I walked away and let the adults entertained the kids. woo hooo

So I walked past this exhibit on some trees and plants. I was offered this 'assam' to eat.

Thymine, Guanine, Adenine and Sytocine.  DNA is made up of these four base.
I will forget these four names the moment I switch off the laptop. 

Drafting a design and using the colored tiles below to realize it.



Seeing the pretty flower pinwheel as a prize, little kid couldn't resist but to step on the stage to answer a question.  The question she got was " Is penguin a bird or a fish?". She said "Bird"

Experiment on different pH value indication.

How energy is stored and released.
Look at the video below.

                                             


Looking through the lens at the lungs of an asthmatic person vs a healthy lung

Doing conversion of starch to glucose.

Doctor Kaboom 's science show sent the audience to a fit of laughter.
Check his website here.

No comments: