Friday, September 7, 2012

Meet and Greet Animator/Artist Boey Cheeming 11 August 2012

Boey sharing his sweet and bitter experience on art and how the book came about. It was an inspiring talk. 
"Go after your dream hard. Don't just talk about it. Act on it "

His childhood stories made me think about myself, my parenting skill and my kids. Some of the stories are  humorous and we burst into laughing.
It is not book where you want to introduce it to young children as it contains a few taboo subjects that parent usually avoid like the F word, grammatical wrong sentences etc.
I am comfortable in letting my 8 year old read and have an open discussion on the content of the book which are growing up in the 80's, siblings rivalry, bonding, reaching puberty, crazy things we did when growing up etc.

                                  
Check Boey's video.

Boey's on BFM - an inspirational interview, I think and I love this one.

No comments: