Friday, March 19, 2010

Fire & Rescue Station at Taman Tun Dr Ismail 18 March 2010

Thursday 1015am
A group of 29 people, consists of mommies, daddy :) and children visited TTDI fire station and Rescue this morning. It was an educational and exciting trip for us! EnHui enjoyed themselves tremendously. :)  En told me "You know, I like the Balai Bomba!"

Firefighters did warm- up exercise.

The group mingle at the entrance.

Puan Surian, Encik Sega and Encik Yazri are so helpful and friendly! :) Encik Sega said "There will be a firefighter training today and you can watch it. Children can hang around the fish pond while waiting. Enjoy yourself here!" I am so touched with their great hospitality. :) It started with watching some slides in a room, upstair. It's informative but was conducted in BM! En listened attentively while I translated it. And I said "We shall get some BM book and learn some BM words". En nodded with a big Yes. ! She found the purpose of learning BM.. :)  she said 'I understand some, like api is fire, rumah is house" when asked if she understand the BM briefing. :D The session was too long for Hui.

Encik Yazri, our guide who is so patience, briefed us.

one of the slide, a firefighter must be able to hold and set up the ladder.


the group listened to the briefing.

Hui loves watching the iguana caught by firefighters. She went back to the iguana couple of times.

After the briefing, we watched the firefighters got ready for training. They are so helpful in answering parents' queries :) We stood so near to them, snapping photos and asking questions and yet the group of firefighter were unperturbed at all.


Left- Firefighter donning uniform
Right- Getting equipments ready for training.

Back of the fire engine.
Training began.

Firefighters grabbed the equipment and ran round the building to the front entrance..


 
When they reached the site(near the entrance), they set up the equipment..

 the firefighter jumped into the water..

Water being pumped up successfully..

When Hui saw the hose, she walked towards it and stood next to the fireman..
after that, she followed the crowd to the fire engine! a fireman lifted her up into the engine.



Firefighters showed a python that they caught 30mins before our arrival.  

I am so happy to see this hydrant! En asked me before, how does a hose hook to the hydrant.
And today, she saw it..  


Left- We were being introduced to some firefighting tools.
Right- Fireman roll up the hose.  


We were served lunch,  fried noodle and tea! :)
Balai Bomba Dan Penyelamat Taman Tun Dr Ismail Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad, 60000 Kuala Lumpur‎
03-7728-4444

At night, when I told En to sleep, she replied " I am not tired. I love papa. I love mama. I love Hui. I love myself. I love the day. I wish no one will ask me to go to bed" !!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha .. That look on Hui's face!