Saturday, April 24, 2010

Shield and Weapon 22 April 2010

Thursday 830am.
Early in the morning, En locked herself in the room. That's what she does when she wants privacy to do stuff, ever since Hui could turn the door knob. She came out with a satisfied look, proudly showed me what she had done. She explained the detail of the craft. Shortly, her expression change to bitter and she shyly mentioned "Fai didn't allow me to use his weapon. He told me I could see once and if I want to use, make my own weapon. So I made my own. He said use only grey color or black. But I still added pink because I like it."


Left- Front side of shield. Right- Front side of weapon.

Left- Back side of weapon. Right- Back side of shield.
When she showed me the craft, on hindsight, I am glad I stopped what I was doing in the kitchen, looked at her and took time to listen. Everything that she said is important to her. At that moment, I acknowledged her feelings and as a result, I think she got over her disappointment.

What if I simply give a short reply instead and said "yeah. good job" and turn away. How would she feel? What will she become? I have no idea. But I am sure glad that I stop to listen. What luck!

No comments: