Thursday, December 9, 2010

In the arms of a sister 26 November 2010

En was 3 years old when Hui was born. Thankfully, she was a perfect older sister who didn't show any sign of a green eye monster. It was a smooth sailing first two years for me. I took care of Hui without any problems. I recalled how En impatiently waited for the days when Hui could talk and play with her. These best years took a twist when Hui turned 2, where she was an active curious toddler who ransacked each and everything En did. I had a tough time and thought I was such a failure, as a mom. Finally, after a short moment, En was sensible and understanding enough, to learn and accept the behaviour of a toddler. It was back to smooth sailing again till Hui became 3 years old, where both assert their feeling strongly and were letting the cat out of the bag at the same time. I was clueless till I read How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk.  This book came in handy on the whys and the hows. Now, they are great with each other on most days and even find solace in each other. 

Hui became the doll for En, who fixed up Hui's hair. What a funky style.

1 comment:

Jack Ng said...

That's a good book really. I read it because Shannon twisted my arm, but that's not the point. The point is, it helped me a lot in my relationship with En and Hui.