Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Travelling to Tawau Sabah 13 March 2011

Sunday
,
Air Asia promo fare RM80 (to and fro) per person. When I booked the flight, I never know what TWU has to offer. I chose it mainly because TWU is the cheapest fare of all East Msia destination at that moment. With flight time of 2.5 hour with no entertainment in the sky, I have to bring books and colours and papers and The Travel Doodle Book: While Away the Hours on a Journey with this Essential Travel Aid to keep EnHui occupied. Visiting the cockpit is restricted since the September 11 attack and still is. My cockpit visitation request was turned down by the flight attendant. I remember I used to sit in the cockpit for take off and landing which gave a great view of the runway !

 Airport taxi can be hired from this counter just outside the terminal building. RM45 for a ride to Tawau town which takes 30minutes.

Bus schedule to TWU from airport.  

An alternative way is to take the bus. The bus counter is located inside the terminal building.

TWU is the nearest transit city to Maliau Basin, which we wish to visit in future. It needs at least a week or more to spend on the trip. It is also a transit point for Sipadan, Kapalai, Mataking and Mabul island. Having not spent ample time to plan my trip, I have to give Madai Caves a miss. It needs days in advance to apply permit from the Idahan tribe. Here is a contact I found from TWU Supremo Travel for my future planning or email supremotwu@gmail.com.  

No comments: